Talladega man burned after Christmas Day kitchen accident
A Talladega man was badly burned following an accident in his kitchen Christmas Day.

Michael Tuck, 47, was airlifted to the burn center at University Hospital in Birmingham, according to Talladega police Capt. Leon Thomas.

Tuck’s daughter and son-in-law were in his kitchen on Ola Avenue when a pot of grease on the stove flared up. Tuck grabbed the pot to take it off the heat, but some of the grease spilled and burned his hand. This, in turn, caused him to drop the pot to floor, spilling it. Tuck then slipped on the grease on the floor and landed in it, back first.

Tuck then went to CG’s Bottle Shop and called police.

Information on Tuck’s condition was not available Wednesday afternoon.

– Chris Norwood

© 2012